Emanuel & Svetlana Tinev
Ministering the Gospel in Bulgaria
Emanuel & Svetlana are natives of Bulgaria and live in Sofia, the capital city. They are both fourth generation Protestant Christians and came to know Christ personally as teenagers. They were active in the church's youth and music ministries.
under Communism, including a short time of imprisonment, forced
Emanuel to flee the country and look for refuge in the United
States. During that time, Emanuel came into contact with Grace
Presbyterian Church and our long-term relationship with the Tinevs began.
After the fall of Communism God providentially brought Emanuel back to Bulgaria as an ordained minister in the Evangelical Congregational Church of Bulgaria.
Emanuel and Svetlana are full time missionaries with Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship.
● To train pastors and lay leaders
● To plant new churches
● To teach Reformed doctrine
Their Ministry Goals
● Establish Bulgarian Christians with Reformed teaching and assist the churches with theological training for pastors and lay leaders. They do this through weekly home Bible studies and teaching seminars held 3-4 times a year.
● Expand a
church-planting ministry in the city of Panagyurishte (1 hour
from Sofia) and the surrounding villages.
● Visit, advise, and encourage young ministers and their families serving churches within the Evangelical Congregational Church of Bulgaria.
● Continue their family involvement in the music ministry of the church, using it as a tool for the encouragement of individual Christians and whole churches in their faith. They also use this ministry to reach the lost with the Gospel of Christ.Praise God for:
● Many open doors for the Gospel in Bulgaria.
● New churches that have been planted since the fall of Communism.
● A new generation of ministers fully committed to the Reformed faith.
● The commitment of their sons Angel & Marin to follow and serve the Lord faithfully.Pray to God for:
● Strength to be faithful to the Lord in ministry
● Encouragement to be bold and passionate for the Lord
● Support to continue our ministry in Bulgaria
Right now, the Tinevs' budget lacks $450 a month. Would you prayerfully consider supporting their ministry and partnering with them in making disciples from among the nations? Contact us for more information.